1. Style

Thrifty Thursday: Up & Up Unscented Laundry Detergent at Target

By April 1, 2010

On a recent trip to Target, I hit up the laundry detergent aisle. My mission? Score one of my top 7 laundry detergents that I could use on everyone's laundry because it seems my new little girl has some very sensitive skin.

I was all set to pick up the All Free and Clear as it comes highly recommended when I spotted the new Target brand, Up & Up. They had an unscented version and it was safe for HE washers. The best part? It was less expensive than the All Free & Clear (which by the way, does not come in an HE version).

I used it immediately and have to say that I am thrilled with the result. The baby has had no rash, everyone's clothes are very clean and stain free, and the brand also has complementing unscented dryer sheets.

All that for less than $10.

More Thrifty Thursday Tips from the About.com Parenting Channel:

Comments

April 1, 2010 at 8:47 am
(1) Susan says:

This is great advice! I have an HE washer, and I haven’t found many choices for laundry detergent except the premium brands.

April 9, 2010 at 9:45 am
(2) Infant toddler clothing says:

That’s a great find for parents whose baby has sensitive skin.

May 6, 2010 at 10:28 am
(3) Lori says:

Not sure where you are located, but I have been using All Free and Clear HE for over a year which I get a Target in CT, but I will definitely look for the Up and Up one.

January 15, 2011 at 11:49 pm
(4) Rachel says:

Thanks, I am forever washing sheets & pillowcases so this really helps.

October 13, 2011 at 10:51 pm
(5) Lindsey says:

I decided to go “free and clear” and the store I happened to go to for detergent was Target. It’s awesome they have a free and clear option. I don’t know of any other private label detergents that do.
When I went, there were several options for free and clear: Tide, All, Purex, Cheer. Cheaper detergent tends to just have surfectants (Purex, All, Sun, etc.) while more expensive detergents (Tide, Gain, Cheer, Era) have surfectants along with enzymes (to break down organic matter) and tend to be better cleaners. I need a detergent with enzymes b/c my 9 yr old son really stains up his clothes.
The Up&Up contains both surfectants and enzymes…so for the price, it’s an excellent buy.

December 21, 2012 at 4:03 am
(6) baby products says:

Post writing is also a fun, if you be familiar with then you can write
if not it is complex to write.